Getting involved at Limestone Creek Elementary is a great way to show support for your teachers, PTO, and school!
If you're interested in being a Room Parent/PTO Class Liason, please plan to attend the first General PTO Meeting on September 12th at 6pm in the cafeteria. At this meeting you will learn about school events and volunteer opportunities as well as meet Principal Lloyd, PTO Board Officers and other parents. This meeting will include a brief Volunteer Orientation and information for Room Parents. If possible, it is best to make other arrangements for your children that evening and not bring them to the meeting.
Typical Room Parent Responsibilities (this can vary from teacher to teacher)
- Create a classroom contact e-mail list (with parent's permission).
- Coordinate volunteers and collect supplies for classroom events
- Perform or coordinate volunteers for light administrative duties such as copying, putting up bulletin boards, stapling/collating etc.
- Collect items or money for teacher gifts during the holidays, teacher/staff appreciation week in May, or for end of the year activities.
- Work with the PTO to keep your classroom parents informed of PTO meetings and events
- Assist in gathering volunteers from the class for PTO family events such as Walk-a-thon, the Sweetheart Dance, and Mother/Son event.
- Note: You will only receive an email from PTO when a meeting or event is happening in which we need your assistance in communicating to the class and your teacher. The School's Volunteer Coordinator will also seek your assistance in finding volunteers for school-wide events such as SWISH, school picture days, and health screenings, and PE field days. All email addresses will be kept confidential and will only be used for official PTO and school business.